Hands-on, additional workshop at the apiary only for virtual bootcamp participants.
May 27th 11 am -2 pm
Length: three hours
During this course you will learn about:
- How to handle a nuc which you just bought
- Nuc installation in the hive
- Inspecting a full size hive
- Handling honey bees and brood frames
- Queen, drone and worker bee identification – close and personal
- Basics of what you see on the comb
- Reading workers behaviour at the entrance of the hive and on the comb
- Q & A
Course participants will need a protective gear (hat, veil) and closed toed footwear. Long sleeves and light colored material clothing is suggested. Please bring your own protective head gear. A simple bug jacket or mosquito veil will suffice. Water bottles are recommended. A notebook and pencil could be handy. Our course will take place at our educational apiary/ bee sanctuary.