Part 1 & 2 online interactive course on zoom.
Part 3 is a separate workshop at the apiary, hands-on ( Nuc Installation and the Next Steps, May 27th). Learn more about that workshop HERE
Part 1 & 2 – dates to choose from:
Mar 4th, (part 1) 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Mar 11th, (part 2) 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
April 12th, (part 1) 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
April 19th, (part 2) 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Length: 2x 3 hours
Price: $110 per person (six hours of learning)
Intensive training, packed with an information. Ideal for for new beekeepers with a serious approach to being successful as a backyard beekeeper. Q & A.
You can also buy this course as a part of the Natural Beekeeping for Beginners series (Five courses/hands-on workshops through the season).
During the bootcamp you will learn about:
- Getting started in beekeeping
- Differences between types of a beekeeper (commercial, natural, treatment free, etc)
- Types of the beehive
- Beehive components and beekeeping equipment
- Honey bee biology, functioning as a society
- Queen, drone and worker bee identification and its role in the hive
- Understanding what you see on the comb, recognizing first signs of trouble
- Hive management – basics
- Beekeeper’s seasonal responsibilities in the first year
- Basic facts about pests and diseases
Sign up now before you miss out. Hands-on workshop at the apiary on May 27th is strongly recommended as a follow up.
Class must be prepaid to reserve your spot. Space is limited. If you need to cancel your spot, please let us know at least 48 hours before the beginning of the class. There is a $50 cancellation fee per each class. No refunds are given for classes missed.
Beekeeping Bootcamp for Beginners
Nuc Installation and Next Steps – part 3 of the bootcamp course, at our educational apiary, optional