Sustainable beekeeping – whole day class
For Advanced Beekeepers (One year experience minimum)
March 28th, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm (6 hour class with one hour lunch break)
April 18th, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm (6 hour class with one hour lunch break)
129 Wellington St, London, ON
Across Languages building, lower level, entrance at the back.
Class must be prepaid to reserve your spot. Space is limited.
This class is a combination of lectures, demonstrations and training videos with the focus on natural beekeeping approach.
There will be a complimentary coffee, tea, and munchies. Also, the microwave will be available, if you plan to bring a lunch.
Length: 6 hours
Course must be paid for to reserve your spot. Limited space is available. Sign up now before you miss out. Due to the limited spaces available, refunds will not be given if you cancel or are a no show.
A basic knowledge of beekeeping is expected from participants. You need to have at least one season of beekeeping experience prior to attending. There will be no time to answer basic questions, only advanced ones. The knowledge of beekeeping terminology will be expected.
You will be learning about:
- What sustainable beekeeping is
- Immune system of a single bee and a colony and why it is important
- Ways to boost colony’s immune system and resilience
- Honey bee nutrition; understanding its importance
- Winterizing – different methods
- Basics about splits
- How to get a queen the natural way
- Solution to an early spring new colony
- Pests and diseases: biology and identification – understanding the problem
In this class there will be also time for sharing our individual experiences about specific subjects.