Natural Beekeeping – half-day class
Our last class this season: April 13th
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
129 Wellington St, London, ON
Across Languages building, lower level, entrance at the back.
Class must be prepaid to reserve your spot. Space is limited.
This course is a combination of lectures, demonstrations, and training videos with the focus on natural beekeeping approach.
Length: four hours
Price: $65 per person
You will be learning about:
- Honey bees: biology, functioning as a society
- Queen, drone and worker bee identification; their role in the colony
- Getting started in beekeeping
- Beehive components
- Types of beehives
- Beekeeping equipment
- How to assemble the foundation-less frame
- How to handle honey bees and frames of brood
- Hive management – basics
- Beekeeper’s seasonal responsibilities
- Some facts about pests and diseases