Natural Beekeeping – half-day class
Feb 8th, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Feb 22nd, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Mar 7th, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Apr 4th, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Apr 25th, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
129 Wellington St, London, ON
Across Languages building, lower level, entrance at the back.
Class must be prepaid to reserve your spot. Space is limited.
This course is a combination of lectures, demonstrations, and training videos with the focus on natural beekeeping approach.
Length: four hours
Price: $65 per person
You will be learning about:
- Honey bees: biology, functioning as a society
- Queen, drone and worker bee identification
- Getting started in beekeeping
- Types of beehives
- Beehive components
- Beekeeping equipment
- How to assemble the foundation-less frame
- How to handle honey bees and brood frames
- Hive management – basics
- Beekeeper’s seasonal responsibilities
- Basic facts about pests and diseases