Natural Beekeeping – half-day class
Days to choose from:
Feb 6th, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm (online class on ZOOM)
Feb 20th, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm (online class on ZOOM)
Mar 13th, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm (online class on ZOOM)
Apr 17th, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Rescheduled to May due to covid lock down – sold out
Apr 28th, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm part 1 and May 5th, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm part 2 (online class on ZOOM)
Class must be prepaid to reserve your spot. Space is limited.
This course is a combination of lectures, demonstrations, and training videos with the focus on natural beekeeping approach.
Length: four hours
Price: $75 per person
You will be learning about:
- Honey bees: biology, functioning as a society
- Queen, drone and worker bee identification
- Getting started in beekeeping
- Types of beehives
- Beehive components
- Beekeeping equipment
- How to assemble the foundation-less frame
- How to handle honey bees and brood frames
- Hive management – basics
- Beekeeper’s seasonal responsibilities in the first year
- Basic facts about pests and diseases
Course must be paid for to reserve your spot. Sign up now before you miss out.
If you need to cancel your spot, please let us know at least 48 hours before the beginning of the class. There is a $40 cancellation fee per each class. A refund will not be given, if you are a no show.
Optional, second part, hands-on class at the bee yard
June 5th, 11am -2 pm. Cost $40.